Application Deadline: 15 March 2020
University or Organization: Orifarm and University of Southern Denmark (SDU)
Department: Faculty of Engineering
Course Level: PhD
Award: Fully-Funded Position
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
The award can be taken in Denmark
Eligible Countries: Submissions are acceptable form all around the world
Acceptable Course or Subjects: The grant will be granted for PhD study in Computer Science
Admissible Criteria: To be worthy, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- MSc degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Informatics or equivalent
- Comfortable learning new programming languages, if needed
- Experience (or a genuine interest) in doing research
- Strong communication skills
- Comfortable working both independently and within a team
- Interested in longer-term commitment in a growing research group
How to Apply
The PhD study will conduct in the Software Engineering Section at the MærskMc-Kinney Møller Institute (Faculty of Engineering). The title of the project is “Data-driven agent-based simulation for decision support in parallel trading of pharmaceuticals”.
How to Apply: Candidates are obligatory to apply through an online application which given on the bottom of the program page and required to upload documents as one PDF file containing all materials.
Supporting Documents: The application must be in English and must include all the following –
1) A research proposal or description of your approach to the above project (max one page excluding references),
2) Curriculum Vitae,
3) Certificates/Diplomas (MSc) – Danish or English transcripts,
4) An official document is describing the institutional structure and the grading scheme of the awarding universities and
5) Examples of the most relevant publications (if available) and the applicant’s master thesis
Entry Requirements: To qualify for admission, applicants must have a relevant degree on a Bachelor’s level as well as an experience with programming languages (e.g., C++, Java, Python, etc.).
Language Requirement: Candidates must be fluent in English, both spoken and written. Before applying, applicants must check all the English language requirements.
- The PhD position is a 3-year Industrial PhD project funded by Orifarm A/S and Innovation Fund Denmark.
- Winner will receive a rewarding and challenging position in a company with an ambition to reach quality in cooperation with people who bring in new concepts and perspectives.
- Applicants will be employed by Orifarm and will, at the same time, be enrolled as a PhD candidate at SDU – Faculty of Engineering.